Dodgers at Rockies, 5:40 PM PDT, TV: ATT SportsNet RM, SPNLA
Lefty Julio Urías (5-6, 2.48 ERA) takes the hill for the Dodgers against RHP Germán Márquez (4-5, 5.58 ERA). This is a tale of run support. Urías has given up four earned runs in June and has a 2-1 record to show for it. Márquez has given up 15 earned runs in June and his record is 3-0.
Today in Dodgers’ history:
- 1923 Dodger first baseman Jacques Fournier goes 6-for 6, collecting a home run, two doubles, and three singles. The southpaw-swinging slugger’s 11 total bases contribute to Brooklyn’s 14-5 victory over the Phillies at the Baker Bowl.
- 1960 The Phillies strike out a dozen times in each end of a doubleheader when they are swept by the Dodgers at Connie Mack Stadium, 6-3 and 5-2. The 24 Ks tie a major league record for strikeouts in a twin bill.
- 1990 For the first time since 1917 (Hippo Vaughan and Fred Toney), two no-hitters are thrown on the same day when the A’s (and ex-Dodger) Dave Stewart shuts out the Jays 5-0 and the Dodgers’ Fernando Valenzuela blanks the Cardinals, 6-0.
- 2012 In the Diamondbacks’ 9-3 victory over Milwaukee at Miller Park, Aaron Hill becomes the first modern-era player to hit for the cycle twice in one season since Babe Herman accomplished the feat with the Brooklyn Robins in 1931. Eleven days ago in Seattle, the Arizona second baseman also collected a single, double, triple, and home run in the game.
- 2015 Joc Pederson becomes the third rookie in major league history to hit 20 home runs before July when he goes deep off Allen Webster in the Dodgers’ 10-6 loss to Arizona at Chase Field. The 23 year-old center fielder joins Wally Berger (Braves, 1930) and Albert Pujols (Cardinals, 2001) in accomplishing the feat as a freshman.
Lineups when available.
Tonight’s #Dodgers lineup at Rockies: pic.twitter.com/WpvrjE9BIR
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 29, 2022
Tonight’s #GoAvsGo lineup! pic.twitter.com/dSnUu6aytS
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) June 29, 2022
1 for 3 in Denver after 3 for 3 in Cincinnati and 2 for 3 in Atlanta. .667 winning pctg on the road trip.
Now to sweep the Pads!
Good job. 6 and 3 road trip. Lets go home…
Bring it home Price.
Belli robbed there. Ump wants to go home.
Well, let’s hope he takes the same approach in the bottom of the inning.
Wasn’t even close.
Belli gets hosed.
Despite that dinger, Moronta’s been really good since he came back.
Yes. He is doing well.
Lets add some more runs guys..
For whom the Belli toils.
Much better ABs lately.
Cat like move by Brewster.
Pretty agile for a bulky guy.
In the end, Brewster gets it done.
Yikes. Just came on. And Phew!
Hold ’em down, Graterol.
Trayce didn’t seem to be running hard on Bryant’s ball.
Jogging at best.
Turner is a really slick shortstop. What a heckuva play that inning-ender was.
Bud stalling for rain!?
Need one more out.
Willie almost has me laughing (Coors chuckles).
This game is more better than the first two so far.
Trea with GIDP was not on my bingo card there.
Eddy with another ribby
Maybe he’s not so hopeless after all.
This Iglesias fellow is rather annoying.
Eddy didn’t exactly crush it, but he got the run in.
Wasn’t very deep, but got the job done.
Really weak throw from Bryant.
…and the Dreamers.
If this is true it’s pretty damned unethical and deserving of a firing.
It sounds like representational malpractice.
Of all the Dodgers’ opponents this year, the Rockies are the slowest to post starting lineups. What’s a blogger to do?
Padpen fails to implode today, but Tigers claw the Gnats 3-2 at Software Stadium.
Revised lineup looks better.
It would be nice to have a big bat in the lineup… https://twitter.com/knotts__jeff/status/1542119021159612416?s=20&t=9roVNtOCfVAWH7Z3Fii-iA
Sometimes I just don’t get what Roberts is doing. Alvarez in RF?
SP Julio Urias L
5-6 2.48 ERA 76.1IP 71K
SS Trea Turner R
1B F. Freeman L
C Will Smith R
3B Max Muncy L
LF Chris Taylor R
CF C. Bellinger L
DH Jake Lamb L
2B Gavin Lux L
RF Eddy Alvarez S
88° Wind 8 mph Out
Updated version. https://twitter.com/DodgerYard/status/1542256295855755265?s=20&t=9roVNtOCfVAWH7Z3Fii-iA