Dodgers at Brewers, 2:10 PM PDT, TV: Bally Sports Wisconsin, SPNLA
LHP Julio Urías (12-6, 2.49 ERA) takes the mound for the Dodgers at American Family Field in Milwaukee tonight. He’ll face the Brewers’ RHP Freddy Peralta (4-2, 4.37 ERA). Urías is 10-3 in his last fifteen games with a 2.28 ERA. Peralta will make his third start after missing two months with a shoulder injury. He went 8 2/3 innings in the previous two.
The Dodgers lead their division by a gazillion; the Brewers are 1 1/2 games behind the Cardinals in the NL Central.
Horrible news surfaced today. Buehler will have to undergo elbow surgery after all, which means he’s done for the year.
On some happy news for the timeline: #Dodgers Dustin May will start on Saturday against the Marlins.
— Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) August 15, 2022
A week ago in Sports Illustrated, a recognition of hope:Cody Bellinger is once again a critical component of the Dodgers
Today in Dodgers’ history:
- 1914 Brooklyn’s Jake Daubert sets a National League record with four sacrifices in one game. The first baseman’s efforts aren’t enough when the Dodgers drop an 8-7 decision to Philadelphia at Ebbets Field.
- 1926 When Babe Herman doubles with the bases loaded, three Dodgers wind up on third base. The runner on second rounds third but decides to go back as the runner from first reaches the same base, and a few seconds later Herman slides in to join his two teammates.
- 1951 With one out in the top of the eighth inning and a runner on third base in a 1-1 tied game, Willie Mays, running at full speed, makes an incredible catch of Carl Furillo’s drive to deep centerfield. After grabbing the ball, the rookie outfielder turns counterclockwise and throws a perfect strike to home to nail a surprised Billy Cox at home to complete the double play. Some believe the catch, in the Giants’ eventual 3-1 Polo Grounds victory over the Dodgers, is the impetus for the beginning of the team’s incredible comeback from an 11.5 game deficit to win the National League pennant.
- 2006 The Dodgers, with their 4-0 blanking of the Marlins, win their sixth consecutive game and 17th in the last 18 contests. The stretch is the team’s best run since the Brooklyn Superbas went 20-1 in 1899.
- 2020 Max Muncy hits the first leadoff sac fly in baseball history when he flies out to deep right field, scoring Chris Taylor, the Dodgers’ ghost runner who stole third base on the second pitch of the tenth inning. Angels’ reliever Keynan Middleton, who throws a perfect 1-2-3 inning, is tagged with the loss when the run proves to be the difference in the team’s 6-5 loss in Anaheim.
Tonight’s #Dodgers lineup at Brewers: pic.twitter.com/AIKXnAWUr6
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 15, 2022
Lined up to take on the Dodgers.
: @620wtmj @fleet_farm | #ThisIsMyCrew pic.twitter.com/k4RzDeggLv
— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) August 15, 2022