White Sox at Dodgers, 7:10 PM PDT, TV: MLBN (out-of-market only), NBCSCH, SPNLA
RHP Lance Lynn (4-6, 6.72 ERA) is the White Sox’s pitcher this evening. He’ll face the Dodgers’ RHP Tony Gonsolin (3-1, 2.21 ERA).
Max Muncy suffered a mild left hamstring strain on Sunday and is out today. He’ll have an MRI tomorrow morning. Dave Roberts does not expect him to go on the IL.
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) June 13, 2023
- 1957 In a game which features the ejection of Johnny Logan and Don Drysdale, Clem Labine loses for the first time in ten months and 38 relief appearances when the Braves beat Brooklyn, 8-5. The Milwaukee shortstop charged the mound after getting drilled in the ribs by the Dodger right-hander, resulting in banishment for both players.
- 1962 Warren Spahn’s record drops to 6-7 when the Braves southpaw suffers his fifth one-run decision of the young season, losing a 2-1 decision to the Dodgers at Milwaukee’s County Stadium. Sandy Koufax’s fifth-inning home run, the first of only two round-trippers he collects during his 12-year career, proves to be the difference.
- 1973 The Dodgers infield, a quartet which will be together eight and a half years, setting a major league record for longevity, plays together for the first time. First baseman Steve Garvey, second baseman Davey Lopes, third baseman Ron Cey, and shortstop Bill Russell are in the lineup in the 16-3 defeat to the Phillies.
- 1998 The first triple play ever completed at Dodger Stadium is turned by Darren Dreifort (p), Eric Young (2b), Jose Vizcaino (ss), and Bobby Bonilla (3b). With Colorado runners on first and second base, the 1-6-4 double play becomes a triple killing when Jamey Wright is thrown out at third base by the LA second baseman, who covered first base for the second out.
- 2010 The Angels, with their first sweep at Dodger Stadium, complete their 14-game road trip with 11 victories, the most for the team on a single trip since 1962. In the 6-5 decision over their crosstown rivals, Halo hurler Jered Weaver strikes out his older brother, Jeff, who came into the game as a long reliever in the third inning, for the first time since they were kids.
Lineups when available.
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) June 13, 2023
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 13, 2023